Payment Type Vendor Credit Error

james-2
When trying to make a vendor credit I get the following error

The Following Errors Occurred:
Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException:
Service invocation error (Could not commit transaction for service
[setPaymentStatus] call: Roll back error, could not commit transaction,
was rolled back instead because of: Error in Service [postPaymentToGl]:
Offsetting GL account for payment type VENDOR_CREDIT_RCPT of
organization Company has not been configured.)

On Vendor Credit it does not give you the ability to apply the credit to
a vendor invoice which would be the offsetting transaction.  The GL
account would be determined by the vendor.  Am I missing something or am
I not using Vendor Credit payment type correctly?

Thanks,

James

RE: Payment Type Vendor Credit Error

james-2
Anyone have any idea how a payment type of vendor credit is suppose to
be applied to a Vendor Invoice?

James

Re: Payment Type Vendor Credit Error

Arun Patidar-2
Hello James,

I am able to apply Vendor Payment on Purchase Invoice. Followed steps on
demo-trunk[1] instance as below:

1) Created a Vendor Payment for a supplier of amount $1500
2) Created a Purchase Invoice with an item of cost $1500
3) Approved Invoice

Result: Existing Vendor Payment auto applied on the invoice.

[1] https://demo-trunk-ofbiz.apache.org/accounting/control/main

--
Thanks & Regards
---

HotWax Systems Pvt Ltd.

www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 7:04 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anyone have any idea how a payment type of vendor credit is suppose to
> be applied to a Vendor Invoice?

Thanks for the response.  That is Vendor Payment.  What about a Vendor
Credit on account?