OFBiz & gradlew-wrapper.jar

Pierre Smits
HI all,

While discussing the gradlew-wrapper.jar issue in the Weex release vote
[1], the following was suggested by Anthony Baker:

You might want to consider using the Bigtop approach for gradlew [1] to
avoid shipping a binary in the source release.  The Geode project has been
using this successfully (thanks to Roman for pointing us in this
direction!).

[1] https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/gradlew <
https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/gradlew>

Though I have not evaluated that solution (and compared it against what is
in the code base) it maybe so that such can be applied in OFBiz too.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/67360a14837b8ea12ef5c70adb0c55f370e711900a9a372cb3ba3f1a@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: OFBiz & gradlew-wrapper.jar

James Yong-2
More info at https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/gradle_wrapper.html

Regards,
James Yong

On 2017-05-06 03:59 (+0800), Pierre Smits <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI all,
>
> While discussing the gradlew-wrapper.jar issue in the Weex release vote
> [1], the following was suggested by Anthony Baker:
>
> You might want to consider using the Bigtop approach for gradlew [1] to
> avoid shipping a binary in the source release.  The Geode project has been
> using this successfully (thanks to Roman for pointing us in this
> direction!).
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/gradlew <
> https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/gradlew>
>

> Though I have not evaluated that solution (and compared it against what is
> in the code base) it maybe so that such can be applied in OFBiz too.
>
> [1]
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/67360a14837b8ea12ef5c70adb0c55f370e711900a9a372cb3ba3f1a@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
> OFBiz based solutions & services
>
> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: OFBiz & gradlew-wrapper.jar

Jacques Le Roux
Administrator
I suggest we wait for the result of LEGAL-288 before taking any decisions.

We already discussed that in PMC private ML 2 weeks ago.

The idea is it's OK for now and hopefully a new Java class will resolve this issue. Else, as Jacopo suggested:

<<we will have to remove [the wrapper] from our future release package and add a step to our build notes:

1. Extract the archive file to your local directory.
2. Download gradle-wrapper.jar and place it in the gradle/wrapper folder.

Jacques