Quantcast

Links to other OFBiz locations

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Links to other OFBiz locations

Jacques Le Roux
Administrator
Hi,

In the footer of the Solr admin https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/solr there are links to
     Documentation
     Issue Tracker
     IRC Channel
     Community forum

Could we not use the same idea and put more links related to OFBiz (to be determined) than http://www.apache.org/ and http://ofbiz.apache.org/
This would be in a second line or another place depending on the theme.

What do you think?

Jacques

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Links to other OFBiz locations

Pierre Smits
That would surely work for the demo environments, but the ofbiz.apache.org
link brings that audience to further references.

Best regards,



Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the footer of the Solr admin https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/solr
> there are links to
>     Documentation
>     Issue Tracker
>     IRC Channel
>     Community forum
>
> Could we not use the same idea and put more links related to OFBiz (to be
> determined) than http://www.apache.org/ and http://ofbiz.apache.org/
> This would be in a second line or another place depending on the theme.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Jacques
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[PROPOSAL] Re: Links to other OFBiz locations

Jacques Le Roux
Administrator
Thanks Pierre,

Yes, the point is to have them prominent in the demos *AND* when people run OFBiz locally.

It should help newbies to get to the locations we want to privilege (eg: wiki, Jira, etc. to be discussed)

Jacques


Le 11/05/2017 à 12:25, Pierre Smits a écrit :

> That would surely work for the demo environments, but the ofbiz.apache.org
> link brings that audience to further references.
>
> Best regards,
>
>
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
> OFBiz based solutions & services
>
> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the footer of the Solr admin https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/solr
>> there are links to
>>      Documentation
>>      Issue Tracker
>>      IRC Channel
>>      Community forum
>>
>> Could we not use the same idea and put more links related to OFBiz (to be
>> determined) than http://www.apache.org/ and http://ofbiz.apache.org/
>> This would be in a second line or another place depending on the theme.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [PROPOSAL] Re: Links to other OFBiz locations

Paul Foxworthy
Hi all,

I don't think it's a good idea. The demo should look like a working OFBiz
system, not an ad. OFBiz is busy enough anyway without overloading it with
stuff that's not relevant to a demo of its capabilities.

I guess most people will go from the OFBiz web site to the demo, not the
other way around. The mention of ASF and "powered by Apache OFBiz" in the
footer is enough.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

On 12 May 2017 at 00:31, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks Pierre,
>
> Yes, the point is to have them prominent in the demos *AND* when people
> run OFBiz locally.
>
> It should help newbies to get to the locations we want to privilege (eg:
> wiki, Jira, etc. to be discussed)
>
> Jacques
>
>
>
> Le 11/05/2017 à 12:25, Pierre Smits a écrit :
>
>> That would surely work for the demo environments, but the
>> ofbiz.apache.org
>> link brings that audience to further references.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>>
>>
>> Pierre Smits
>>
>> ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
>> OFBiz based solutions & services
>>
>> OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
>> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>>
>> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In the footer of the Solr admin https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/solr
>>> there are links to
>>>      Documentation
>>>      Issue Tracker
>>>      IRC Channel
>>>      Community forum
>>>
>>> Could we not use the same idea and put more links related to OFBiz (to be
>>> determined) than http://www.apache.org/ and http://ofbiz.apache.org/
>>> This would be in a second line or another place depending on the theme.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>>
>>>
>


--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773
Cheltenham Vic 3192
Australia

Phone: +61 3 9585 6788
Web: http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/
Email: [hidden email]
--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/
Loading...