Quantcast

Customer Return invoice and credit Note invoice

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Customer Return invoice and credit Note invoice

Malin Nicolas
Hi all,

At present, credit note is managed by Customer Return Invoice
(CUST_RTN_INVOICE) and generated by an order return process.
if I am not mistaken, I didn't found how to generate a Credit Note from
an existing invoice. Is Credit Note different than Customer Return or is
same notion (My poor english limit me, for french : est ce que l'Avoir
correspond à la notion même notion portée par le type de facture
"Articles retournés").

If is same notion, I have created a patch to generate a Customer Return
from a sale invoice but the copyInvoice service and I will open a jira
to submit it. Else it will imply to add a new invoice type.

your suggests ?


Nicolas


--
Nicolas MALIN
Consultant
Tél : 06.17.66.40.06
Site projet : http://www.neogia.org/
-------
Société LibrenBerry
Tél : 02.48.02.56.12
Site : http://www.librenberry.net/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Customer Return invoice and credit Note invoice

Pierre Smits
Nicolas,

The credit note is different to the Customer Return as it goes beyond just
the return of goods or the order return process. A credit note can also be
issued due to stating wrong prices on an invoice (as opposed to what has
been agreed upon in contracts). It might the result of a renegotiation on
pricing (effectively leading to a discount on past invoicing) It might also
be the result of resolving a dispute of another kind between supplier and
customer.

Regading which JIRA Issue have you created a patch? So I can have a look
and test.

Regards,

Pierre

2012/4/30 Nicolas Malin <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> At present, credit note is managed by Customer Return Invoice
> (CUST_RTN_INVOICE) and generated by an order return process.
> if I am not mistaken, I didn't found how to generate a Credit Note from an
> existing invoice. Is Credit Note different than Customer Return or is same
> notion (My poor english limit me, for french : est ce que l'Avoir
> correspond à la notion même notion portée par le type de facture "Articles
> retournés").
>
> If is same notion, I have created a patch to generate a Customer Return
> from a sale invoice but the copyInvoice service and I will open a jira to
> submit it. Else it will imply to add a new invoice type.
>
> your suggests ?
>
>
> Nicolas
>
>
> --
> Nicolas MALIN
> Consultant
> Tél : 06.17.66.40.06
> Site projet : http://www.neogia.org/
> -------
> Société LibrenBerry
> Tél : 02.48.02.56.12
> Site : http://www.librenberry.net/
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Customer Return invoice and credit Note invoice

Malin Nicolas
Le 30/04/2012 18:40, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Nicolas,
>
> The credit note is different to the Customer Return as it goes beyond just
> the return of goods or the order return process. A credit note can also be
> issued due to stating wrong prices on an invoice (as opposed to what has
> been agreed upon in contracts). It might the result of a renegotiation on
> pricing (effectively leading to a discount on past invoicing) It might also
> be the result of resolving a dispute of another kind between supplier and
> customer.
Right, but in french it's the same notion : Avoir ;)

I open a Jira  : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4848

Thanks for your comments pierre.

>
> Regading which JIRA Issue have you created a patch? So I can have a look
> and test.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre
>
> 2012/4/30 Nicolas Malin<[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> At present, credit note is managed by Customer Return Invoice
>> (CUST_RTN_INVOICE) and generated by an order return process.
>> if I am not mistaken, I didn't found how to generate a Credit Note from an
>> existing invoice. Is Credit Note different than Customer Return or is same
>> notion (My poor english limit me, for french : est ce que l'Avoir
>> correspond à la notion même notion portée par le type de facture "Articles
>> retournés").
>>
>> If is same notion, I have created a patch to generate a Customer Return
>> from a sale invoice but the copyInvoice service and I will open a jira to
>> submit it. Else it will imply to add a new invoice type.
>>
>> your suggests ?
>>
>>
>> Nicolas
>>
>>
>> --
>> Nicolas MALIN
>> Consultant
>> Tél : 06.17.66.40.06
>> Site projet : http://www.neogia.org/
>> -------
>> Société LibrenBerry
>> Tél : 02.48.02.56.12
>> Site : http://www.librenberry.net/
>>
>>


--
Nicolas MALIN
Consultant
Tél : 06.17.66.40.06
Site projet : http://www.neogia.org/
-------
Société LibrenBerry
Tél : 02.48.02.56.12
Site : http://www.librenberry.net/

Loading...