Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Jacques Le Roux
Administrator
Hi,

I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.

I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:

 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)
 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)

Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we
need to change that ;))

I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be
checked before creating a Jira for that...

Jacques

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Jacques Le Roux
Administrator

> Hi,
>
> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.
>
> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:
>
> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)
> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)
>
> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we
> need to change that ;))
Hi,

Should I take no answers as a lazy consensus or everybody missed it :) ?

> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be
> checked before creating a Jira for that...
Or maybe this should be considered blocking for such a move? (I don't think so, having it on demo will bring a solution forward)

Jacques

> Jacques

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Sharan Foga
Hi Jacques

Sorry I missed this.

+1 for changing the default theme to Rainbow Saphir (and correcting spelling in the name).

Thanks
Sharan

On 2017-10-16 14:56, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 09/10/2017 à 14:16, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.
> >
> > I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:
> >
> > 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)
> > 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)
> >
> > Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we
> > need to change that ;))
> Hi,
>
> Should I take no answers as a lazy consensus or everybody missed it :) ?
>

> > I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be
> > checked before creating a Jira for that...
> Or maybe this should be considered blocking for such a move? (I don't think so, having it on demo will bring a solution forward)
>
> Jacques
>
> > Jacques

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Michael Brohl-3
+1

regards,

Michael

Am 16.10.17 um 14:56 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:

> Le 09/10/2017 à 14:16, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.
>>
>> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:
>>
>> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the
>> only one doing that with Flat Grey)
>> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus
>> etc.)
>>
>> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which
>> variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be
>> Sapphire and we need to change that ;))
> Hi,
>
> Should I take no answers as a lazy consensus or everybody missed it :) ?
>

>> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's
>> difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that
>> theme. To be checked before creating a Jira for that...
> Or maybe this should be considered blocking for such a move? (I don't
> think so, having it on demo will bring a solution forward)
>
> Jacques
>
>> Jacques

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Nicolas Malin-2
+1

Nicolas