Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Hans Bakker
Interest for co-operation?

We are looking here using vaadin (http://vaadin.com/) as user interface
for OFBIz using existing OFBiz screens and forms

we have a proof of concept working here and are preparing a vadinDemo
component for others to try.
  We implemented it creating an FTL macrolibrary generating Vaadin
instead of HTML statements.

Please let me know here, if there is interest helping to implement this.

The license of Vaadin is in general Apache 2.0 or compatible.

Hans Bakker
CEO, http://antwebsystems.com

Re: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Jacques Le Roux
Administrator
Hi Hans,

I'm not interested in helping to implement (rather not enough spare time) but that could be contributed as a component I guess.

Could it be a plugins or does it need to be in framework? What would be the entailments for framework changes?

Thanks

Jacques

Le 07/08/2017 à 10:08, Hans Bakker a écrit :

> Interest for co-operation?
>
> We are looking here using vaadin (http://vaadin.com/) as user interface for OFBIz using existing OFBiz screens and forms
>
> we have a proof of concept working here and are preparing a vadinDemo component for others to try.
>  We implemented it creating an FTL macrolibrary generating Vaadin instead of HTML statements.
>
> Please let me know here, if there is interest helping to implement this.
>
> The license of Vaadin is in general Apache 2.0 or compatible.

Re: Alternative UI using Vaadin as ofbiz user interface

Nicolas Malin-2
Hi Hans,

I don't planned to work on rewrite the flt macro but only on the common
theme precisely to help some improvement like this.

If you have few time, to check how you can create a new theme with
vaadin it's would be a good way to favorite the cooperation

Nicolas